Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is it possible to force windows 7 to install in vistas safe mode?

Ok, so recently my vista home edition installation started refusing to boot normally and I'm now stuck using safe mode. The startup recovery can't fix it and I never got a windows vista install disc with my PC. So I brought windows 7 home edition and was planning to overwrite my vista installation with it. But there is a problem, it won't let me install it in safe mode. I would try a normal install instead of an upgrade install but I have 200gb of Cartoon and Anime that I don't want to lose and have nowhere to back them up to. So my question is: Is there a way to force windows 7 to install in vistas safe mode, or to make it think that vista is running normally?. I greatly appreciate it if someone can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment